welcome to the website of tenant defence luxembourg
The first association that exclusively defends the rights of tenants in Luxembourg.
PETITION: STOP EVICTIONS DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS! BLEIFT DOHEEM!
- No housing evictions during the COVID-19 crisis;
- Decent housing for all those who would otherwise be threatened by life on the streets;
- Emergency aid for unpaid rents due to the COVID-19 crisis;
- Sanctions for non-compliance with rent increases running until the end of the year and their extension for the duration of the crisis.
Our objectives and tasks
Our main objective is to provide tenants in Luxembourg with a common platform and to act as a lobby to protect and promote the rights of tenants.
This includes among others:
- Raising awareness and inform tenants about their rights under the legislation and procedures for obtaining rent subsidies;
- encouraging public authorities, including local authorities and the Ministry of Housing, to systematically and regularly inform tenants about the existence of the Housing Rent Act and the procedure to be followed for its implementation;
- proposing improvements to the current legal provisions and encourage Luxembourg to meet and implement its obligations under international law;
- collecting and knowing best practices in relation to legislation, rights and measures relating to tenancy and the protection of tenants abroad.
Become a member
You share our mission?
Then become a member!
Make the Tenant Protection Association known to tenants throughout the country. The more we are, the better we can protect the interests of tenants!
We gladly accept donations, too. You may transfer any desired amount to our bank account with the subject “Donation” followed by your name.
Bank account details:
If you have any questions or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive a message from you.
Click here for our contact form.
Please be aware that the work of our association is currently carried out exclusively by volunteers and that we do not have permanent offices. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not personally visit the indicated address. but to use it only for correspondence.